YMCA Of Memphis & the Mid-South
BRANCH LOCATION: MILLINGTON FAMILY YMCA, MILLINGTON, TN
POSITION: SOLUTIONS COORDINATOR- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
FLSA Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Summary:Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Solutions Coordinator is responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of each teen enrolled in the Solutions programs, demonstrates leadership, shows active participation in the programs, activities, and field trips, and serves as a positive and wholesome role model to all participants and other team members in accordance with the policies and procedures of the Millington Family YMCA and Millington Middle School. The Solutions Coordinator will be responsible for building and measuring student’s success in metrics that involve increasing students GPA’s, lowering tardiness, absences, and office referrals.
- Serves as a role model to members and Y team and, at all times, lives the mission, vision and values of the YMCA movement.
- Provide direct supervision to students enrolled in the Solutions programs to ensure that the goals and objectives are consistent with the YMCA goals and that the local school district standards and objectives are maintained.
- Ensure safety to all participants, including knowledge of emergency procedures and location of emergency equipment.
- Insures that all YMCA programs under leadership will have appropriate measurable key indicators of success.
- Assist in the planning and executing of program and curriculum that meets the highest quality of standards for all assigned programs including but not limited to Solutions.
- Maintain a clean and safe work site.
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training, supervising and appraising the work of any staff assigned to the programs in which you supervise.
- Monitor City and State activities pertaining to School aged child care to ensure you are abreast of current trends in the field.
- Takes part in and solicits others to participate in necessary YMCA financial development efforts such as the Annual Support Campaign.
- Ensure proper record keeping of all payroll records for yourself as well as any staff working in the Solutions and other programs as assigned and submit payroll to the Executive Director in a timely manner.
- Prepares incident reports accurately, consistently and in accordance with established timelines. Communicate to supervisor in writing, accident and discipline situations which require corrective actions. Seek guidance from supervisor in unusual circumstances.
- Develop and Maintain collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Exemplify YMCA ideals, leadership qualities and a professional image.
- High degree of human relation skills: Ability to effectively communicate, collaborate and maintain relationships with staff, YMCA members, volunteers, schools and general public.
- Excellent conflict resolution and problem-solving skills required. Proven ability to coach and mentor teens.
- Strong communication and project management skills, plus an ability to manage multiple demands with ease. Ability to effectively multi-task, work independently and problem solve.
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certification and obtain any other certifications required for job.
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends as needed.
- Budgeting and department fiscal management is a plus. A high working knowledge of computers: MS Word, MS Excel and database management.
- A four year college degree is preferred.
Physical Demands:Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
Cause-Driven Leadership® CompetenciesMission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
$10.00-$12.00 per/hour, 20hrs/week
How to Apply
Apply by EmailResumes & Cover Letters Accepted Until June 23, 2017
Subject Line: Solutions Coordinator
Send to Justin Inskeep at email@example.com
MILLINGTON FAMILY YMCA, 7725 Navy Circle East, Millington TN 38053